A SUCCESSFUL EARLY COLLEGE STUDENT…
seeks a challenge.
looks for personalized experience.
holds oneself to a standard of excellence.
enjoys a high level of rigor and accelerated coursework.
is willing to learn to advocate, for oneself, with support.
appreciates financial support for college.
HEC – What you can expect from us:
- Incredibly rewarding educational experience
- Classes that are rich in projects and hands on learning
- Caring, family atmosphere
STUDENTS – What we expect of students:
- Must make a full year commitment (student and parent)
- Consistent attendance must be a priority for all classes
- Homework and classwork are non-negotiable
- Become involved and invested in HEC through clubs and organizations on campus
PARENTS – What we expect of parents/guardians:
- Please set aside an environment at home where your child has a place to study
- Stay current with assignments and grades in both high school and college courses
- Ensure your child attends school
- Support your child’s initial decision to apply to HEC
STUDENT SUPPORT SERVICES
- Personalized 4 or 5 year planning meetings with HEC Principal and HEC Liaison
- Multiple daily supports and services provided by HEC Teachers
- HCC Instructor Office Hours
- ACA 115 – Success & Study Skills
- Required 9th grade course
- HEC School Counselor
- HEC School Social Worker
- HEC School Nurse
- HEC Mentoring Program
- HCC Learning Support Services
- Tutoring, Testing and Proofreading
- HCC Library
- On-campus and online resources