The following information is in regards to preparing for graduation on Friday, May 11th at 7:30 in Charles M. Beall Auditorium. Rehearsal is scheduled for 1:00-2:30pm (HCC Auditorium), following the Graduate Luncheon 11:00 – 1:00 PM (Student Center Lobby, Lower Level).
Required HEC graduation attire for underneath the cap and gown shall include: Men: Please wear dark pants, white dress shirt (tie optional) or white polo, and dark dress shoes. Women: Please wear black dress or black pants and white or black top with black dress shoes or sandals (no flip-flops). The following are prohibited: jeans, shorts, sunglasses, gum and flip-flops. If you have any doubt about what is appropriate dress, please ask before graduation. IF you have difficulty acquiring any of the above items, please contact Mrs. Fox.
ALL GRADUATES (Those graduating with high school diploma AND those graduating with high school diploma and AA/AS:
1. Please go to the HCC Bookstore to purchase your cap and gown. The bookstore has these on-hand to distribute. If you will require a smaller/larger than gown (based on height) then you may want to purchase early. Sizes will be first come/first serve. If you have a black cap and black gown available from a friend or family member that graduated from HCC, you may wear it and do not have to purchase a new one.
- Cap $11.97 (includes tax)
- Gown $18.92 (includes tax)
- Tassel (Green) $6.00 (includes tax) – Not required. This is unnecessary since HEC students wear purple tassels ordered through Jostens (see below).
2. Please see Mrs. Ballance, if you haven’t already, to pick up a packet from Jostens and a purple order form.
- Each graduate is required to purchase a ‘Diploma Set and Tassel (purple)’ $25.00 (includes tax).
- The purple order form can be mailed to Jostens, PO BOX 903, Arden, NC 28704 or given to Mrs. Ballance.
If you are graduating with your AA/AS:
1. Make sure you complete your graduation application as soon as possible. This can be completed with Mrs. Imogene Rogers (Office 302). These were due last week.
2. All fines must be paid (parking, library, etc) to the cashier, Ms. Suttles (Business Office – 1545).
3. After your graduation application has been completed you should receive a graduation packet sent to your home address. Many of these have already been sent out by HCC Student Services. It includes a letter detailing graduation information, along with picture information.
4. If you wish to receive a printed AA/AS diploma, you will be given the opportunity to purchase one for $20.00 AFTER your degree is conferred this summer. You will receive a phone call/letter to let you know it is available should you want one. You will pay at the time of pick-up.
Please let Mrs. Lawing know if you have any questions.